An exhibition curated by Art at the Edge of 30 sculptural studies representing different Olympic and Paralympic sports. Each sculpture is cast in bronze by Pangolin Editions and made by a different artist to reflect a cross-section of contemporary British sculpture. All sculptures are for sale and profits from the project will be used to help disabled and disadvantaged young people through the life changing work of the Youth Sport Trust and ParalympicGB.
In addition to the bronze artworks depicting Olympic and Paralympic sports, life-sized sculptures and other artworks will be on display from the 22nd May - 9th September 2012 in Bath's public spaces. This exciting city-wide sport themed sculpture trail will show a variety of contemporary sculptural styles set against Bath's exceptional and handsome architectural backdrop.
See Bath's sport themed sculpture trail organised by Art at the Edge:
01. Botanical Gardens, Royal Victoria Bath. Gymnast by Suzie Zamit
02. Assembly Rooms, Bennett Street Messenger with Bird by Janis Ridley
03. Rostra Gallery, George Street (until the 4th July). Hurdler by Tony Evans
04. Milsom Place, Milsom Street. Rhythmic Gymnast by Edward Netley Sprint by Christine Charlesworth Diving by Christine Charlesworth Boxer by Tony Evans (until 4th July) Tennis by Nikki Taylor (from the 15th June)
05. The Octagon, Milsom Street. Body Casting Olympians by Louise Giblin and other Olympic and Paralympic artwork by Guest Artists. (4th July – 30th July)
06. Traffic People, Milsom Place. Rhythmic Floor Exercises by Tony Evans (until the 4th July)
07. Hall and Woodhouse, 1 Old King Street. Running Out by Dick Daniel. Sailing 2 by Dick Daniel
08. St Michael’s Without, Broad Street. High Jump by Christine Charlesworth
09. The Framing Workshop, Walcot Street. Pole Vaulter by Tony Evans (until the 4th July) Hammer Thrower by Tony Evans (until the 4th July) Javelin by Tony Evans (until the 4th July)
10. Castle Galleries, Burton Street. Eventer by Tony Evans (until the 13th July) Relay by Tony Evans (until the 13th July)
11. St John’s Hospital, Beauford Square. Judo by Sophie Dickens (it will be removed on the 22nd June and back 2nd July). Chandos Garden, Westgate Buildings - Sweat and Tears by Kate Rattray
12. Opposite The Theatre Royal, Saw Close. Jason Gardener by Nikki Taylor
13. The Little Theatre Cinema, St Michael’s Place. Rhythmic Gymnast by Edward Netley
14. Cross Bath, Thermae Bath Spa, Hot Bath Street. Tom Daley by Nikki Taylor (until the 3rd July)
15. Victoria Art Gallery, Bridge Street ’Sculpture and Sport: a Celebration for 2012’ exhibition (26th May – 1st July). Amy Williams by Alan Dun
16. Radial Gate, Pulteney Weir. Basketball by George Triggs
17. Parade Gardens, Grand Parade. Possibly by Carol Peace
18. Action On Hearing Loss Educational Day Services, Bath Workshop, Units 1 and 2, Wells Road. Paralympic Sport by Service Users
19. Royal United Hospital, atrium. Basketball by Dick Daniel (from the 15th June)
Sculpture trail maps are now available to purchase for £1 from Bath's Visitor Information Centre.
Sculpture and Sport events at the Victoria Art Gallery
7th June 2012
Free Gymnastics display performed by students training with Baskervilles Gymnastics Centre.
16th June 2012
22nd June 2012
Free tour and talk about the sculptures with Alan Dun.
If you require accommodation during this exhibition, use the 'Book Accommodation Nearby' box to the right, or use the Accommodation tab at the top of the page. This will provide you with an online booking service for accommodation in Bath and the surrounding area. Alternatively, contact our personal accommodation booking service: + 44 (0) 844 847 5256.