Type: Safari Park
Longleat Safari and Adventure Park is just getting bigger and better with more exciting things to see in 2012! New Gorilla Colony, Lemur Walkthrough, giraffe feeding at the brand new Safari Watering Hole in the African Village plus much much more!
Go wild in the UK’s No. 1 Safari Park – check out the cheetahs, mind the zebra crossing, give the rhino’s right of way, watch out for the wolves and beware of the meddling monkeys in the Monkey Drive -Thru!
Explore Longleat House, regarded as one of the best examples of high Elizabethan architecture in Britain and one of the most beautiful stately houses open to the public. With over 450 years of history, there is intrigue and scandal aplenty in this splendid Elizabethan home!
Go walkabout in the UK’s first walkthrough meerkat enclosure, hand feed the Rainbow Lorikeets, and enjoy the antics of the monkeys in Monkey Temple. Take a trip on Jungle Cruise, a sea lion escorted boat trip, or journey around the lakes on the Jungle Express.
Hunters of the Sky, brought to Longleat by the Hawk Conservancy Trust, will be returning in 2012 with a new birds of prey show. This spectacular display of eagles, kites, vultures and owls will fill the skies over Longleat… this is family fun at its very best!
For information about prices please visit the official Longleat website.
|Open Daily (24/03/2013 - 04/11/2013)|
|Open Daily (11/02/2014 - 19/02/2014)|
|Open Weekends Only (25/02/2014 - 18/03/2014)|
* Longleat House open for pre-booked ‘behind the scenes’ guided tours for groups outside of this period… please visit www.longleat.co.uk for details. Longleat Safari VIP Tours available all year round (excluding Bank Holidays and Christmas week)
- Forest Location
- In countryside
- Outdoor Attraction
- All Areas Accessible to Disabled Visitors - Excluding Longleat Hedge Maze and Motion Simulators. Please telephone in advance of visit for Map & Access leaflet or visit www.longleat.co.uk for further details
- Guide Dogs Permitted - Excluding Safari Park, animal attractions in the Adventure Park and Motion Simulators.
- Parking Areas for Disabled Visitors
- Ramp/Level Access - As applicable (excludes Longleat Hedge Maze)
- Toilets for Disabled Visitors
Parking & Transport
- Car parking
- Coach Parking
- On site parking
- Parking (free)
- On-Site café/restaurant
- Picnic Site
- American Express accepted
- Approx length of visit - 1 day +
- Can be packages by 3rd parties
- Delta accepted
- Groups Accepted
- Maestro accepted
- MasterCard accepted
- Min group size - 12 paying people (in one transaction)
- Special group rates
- Visa accepted
- Conference facilities
- Event Venue
- Tea / Coffee Shop
- Family Fun
- Marketed towards children
- Marketed towards families
- Marketed towards senior citizens
Tours and Demonstrations
- Educational Visits Accepted
- Guided Tours Available for Groups
- Guided Tours Available for Individuals
Longleat is just off the A36 between Bath and Salisbury (A362 Warminster – Frome road) From the South East: M3 (J8) - A303 - A36 towards Bath – Longleat is just off the A362 between Warminster and Frome From the South West: A303 in a London direction – A350 towards Warminster – A36 towards Bath – Longleat is just off the A362 between Warminster and Frome From the North: M4 (J18) – A46 towards Bath – A36 towards Salisbury – Longleat is just off the A362 between Warminster and Frome
Public Transport Directions
The nearest train station, Warminster, is approximately 5 miles from Longleat. Warminster is on the Cardiff to Portsmouth line. Westbury station is approximately 12 miles from Longleat and connects directly with London, being on the Paddington to Penzance line. Both train stations are serviced by taxis which will bring you directly to Longleat. Please note that use of the Safari Bus will be required if you’re visiting by public transport and planning to see the Safari Park. There is a surcharge for this facility and tours are subject to availability.