This calendar indicates availability at this property for the next 7 days. Please enter your criteria below and click the ‘Check Availability’ button to run a search for and book your requirements.
Availability and Prices
- Arrival Date:
- Wed , 26th Apr 2017
- Departure Date:
- Thur , 27th Apr 2017
- No. of Nights:
Fosse Farmhouse was built in 1750 of Random Cotswold stone under a clay tiled roof. Located in the heart of the Beaufort hunt on the Roman Fosseway in an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty.
Recently, it has been the subject of extensive restoration and renovation. Original fittings complement the French decorative antique furniture, and pretty English chintzes throughout, thereby creating a thoroughly individual country house retreat.
The interiors of the house, and the work of the imaginative owner and Chef Caron Cooper have been aclaimed in several media publications this year, including 25 Beautiful Homes and The Independent B&B Guide.
Delicious home cooked dinners using local seasonal ingredients are available by advance reservation (24 hours) and wonderful clotted cream teas are served throughout the summer months in the farmhouse orchard garden. Castle Combe - the most beautiful Cotswold village is just 20 minutes walk from our door, and Bath city centre is 30 minutes by car.
I am only two miles from the Badminton Horse Trials and therefore the closest of any of the visit Bath accommodation.
- Booking Advised
- Country house
- Film or TV location - War Horse, Stardust and Wolfman filmed in Castle Combe, 1 mile.
- In countryside
- Non smoking establishment
Children & Infants
- Accept children all ages
- Children's play area
- Children's videos/DVDs available
- Facilities for children
- Food/bottle warming available
- Special meal times for children
Parking & Transport
- Car parking
- On site parking
- Access to golf course - Arrangement with Castle Combe Manor House Course.
- Arrangements for riding/pony trekking
- Other sporting facilities - Skid pan and karting at Castle Combe Race Circuit.
- Cater for vegetarians
- Local Produce English Breakfast
- Serve breakfast
- Serve evening meal
- All major credit cards accepted
- Delta accepted
- Maestro accepted
- MasterCard accepted
- Switch accepted
- Visa accepted
Room / Unit Features
- Colour television in all bedrooms
- Electric shaver point
- Four poster beds available
- Free View TV
- Hairdryer in all bedrooms
- Non smoking rooms available
- Tea & coffee making facilities in all bedrooms
- Accept coach parties
- Business facilities (eg. Fax/ modem)
- Central heating throughout
- Conference facilities - Up to 15 guests
- Dogs Accepted
- Event venue
- Garden/patio for guests' use
- Ironing facilities
- Licenced for alcohol
- Minimum Group size
- Pets accepted
- Pets accepted by arrangement
- Public telephone
- Real log/coal fires
- Separate guests' lounge
- Staff fluent in foreign languages ** (List of languages are separately given) - French
- Welcome single sex groups, eg stag/hen parties
- Christmas/New Year Programme
- Honeymoon Breaks
- Marketed as green/environmentally friendly
- Marketed to any other specialist market - Japanese
- Special provisions for cyclists
- Special provisions for lone female travellers
- Special provisions for walkers
- French spoken
- Staff Fluent in Languages - French
ACCESS TO PUBLIC AREAS
RESTAURANT / BREAKFAST / DINING ROOM
This information is self-assessed; therefore we accept no liability for its accuracy. Please contact the venue for further information.
Public Transport Directions
By train from London Paddington Station. First Great Western trains run every 30 minutes to Chippenham Station. Travelling time 1 hour 30 minutes. From the station take a taxi to Fosse Farmhouse (15 mins).By car from London M4 - Junction 17, then follow the directions to Castle Combe Race Circuit and follow the B4039 to the 'The Gib'. Turn left opposite the 'Salutation Inn'. We are the first farmhouse on the right after 2 miles.From Heathrow Airport, take shuttle bus to Reading Station and then First Great Western train to Chippenham. From Bristol International Airport, take shuttle bus to Temple Meads Station and train to Chippenham. Then take taxi to Fosse Farmhouse.
From M4 jct 17 take A350 south to Chippenham. Join A420 towards Bristol, after approx 2 miles turn right on to the B4039. Continue 3 miles to 'The Gib' village. Turn left opposite 'Salutation Inn' pub. We are one mile down this road on the right hand side.
- Certificate of Excellence 2016
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good31
- rkymeBath, United KingdomTrip Type:CouplesAfternoon tea.Sunday, 9th April 2017Authentic destination that has not lost any of its charm over the past 30 years, a sheer delight and still with the original owners. The nicest bit about afternoon tea at Fosse Farm is the warm... Read full review
- assafyoLondon, United KingdomTrip Type:FamilyBeautiful, cosy b&b that is full of character and charmSunday, 19th February 2017My partner and I stayed here with our 5 year old boy and had a fantastic stay. Our room was gorgeous, and the owner, Caron, made us feel very comfortable, shared invaluable local knowledge, and... Read full review
- Sheila PFort Worth, TexasTrip Type:Friends getawayEccentric but fun and very comfortableThursday, 19th January 2017We had the twin room overlooking the grounds, lovely bathroom and gorgeous views. The owner, Caron Cooper, was a wealth of information about the Cotswolds and Bath, having been a tour-guide many... Read full review