This calendar indicates availability at this property for the next 7 days. Please enter your criteria below and click the ‘Check Availability’ button to run a search for and book your requirements.
Availability and Prices
River House Bath (AA 5 star-rated with Silver Award) is a 5 bedroom house on on the small estate of Friary on the outskirts of Bath. It was once the site of a Carthusian Monastery and is listed by Historic England.
The nearby village of Freshford has a regular train service to Bath taking 9 minutes, as well as an excellent pub, shop and cafe serving local produce. There is also a good bus and taxi service.
River House Bath can be rented on its own for up to 10 guests. Friary Coach House can accommodate a further 4 guests. Together they comprise over 5,000 square feet of accommodation with 2 kitchens and spacious living rooms, including a conservatory, which are ideal for larger groups.
All bedrooms at River House have super king double divan beds which are divisible into standard single/twin beds. There is also an excellent quality double sofa bed, plus 2 sprung mattress portable beds which can be set up in the study of River House.
Both properties have large fully-fitted kitchens, dining areas and there is a laundry/utility room in River House, plus a herb garden. There are 2 cots for babies and 100% cotton baby linen and towels.
The enclosed gardens and terraces of over 2 acres are entirely for the use of guests, in addition to private riverbank fishing (in season), there is also a large hot tub, 2 BBQ terraces with firepit, croquet and clock golf.
A 3 chefs are available for in-house dining and small drinks parties (Italian, Spanish and English) as well as daily housemaid service, if required.
A barn is available as a party venue in the summer, by arrangement, for special events/parties and a decorative marquee can be set up on the riverside lawn for up to 60 guests.
A variety of activities are in the neighbourhood include: horse riding; scenic walks; bicycles and canal barges for hire; and clay pigeon shooting.
Longleat, Farleigh Hungerford Castle, Iford Manor and the medieval weaving town of Bradford on Avon are all close. There is a small rare breeds farm in the surrounding 8 acres of parkland including Zwartbles sheep, Appleyard ducks and miniature Shetland ponies.
The Caretaker and Housekeeper live in Friary Cottage on the estate and are available 24/7.
- Accessible Rooms
- Country house
- In countryside
- Midweek breaks
- Non smoking establishment
- Of historic, literary or architectural interest
- Village Location
- Weekend breaks
Children & Infants
- Accept children all ages
- Facilities for children - Small farm
Parking & Transport
- Car parking
- On site parking
- Family Friendly
- Free car parking
- Welcome single sex groups, eg stag/hen parties
Public Transport Directions
Freshford Station takes 9 minutes to Bath Spa Station.
No. 94 bus takes 20 minutes to Bath Bus Station.
Postcode: BA2 7UE
Take the A36 out of Bath going South.
This is in the direction of Frome and Warminster.
Pass signs to the village of Freshford on your left.
Pass Homewood Park Hotel also on your left and after about 1/2 mile further along the A36 (after the big bend to the left), you will see a X roads sign.
Go left there. You will also see a ‘No Through Road’ (T-shaped) sign.
This lane is sometimes called Friary Wood Lane or Green Lane on maps.
Be careful not to overshoot it! If you see the Iford turning left, you’ve gone too far.
Going down this narrow road you pass through Friary Wood, then over a cattle grate.
The little estate lies in front of you at this point and there is map showing where the buildings all are.
River House and Friary Coach House are at the bottom of this narrow road on the left. If you concentrate on the left all the way, then you should find us!
Friary Cottage where I live is the last building on the left by the river.
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good0
- John WStuart, FloridaWhat a way to spend ChristmasThursday, 29th December 201612 of us decided to do a Christmas away from home in 2016. We went by in April of 2016 to have a look at River House. It was exactly what we were looking for so we booked in. Our family of 6 came... Read full review
- Trip Type:Friends getawayA magic placeWednesday, 21st September 2016We really have no words to describe the beauty of the place, the quality of River House and Coach House and the kindness and professionalism of Penny and Richard. They went above and beyond to... Read full review
- LS1986Durham, United KingdomTrip Type:Friends getawayA beautiful houseMonday, 5th September 2016A stunning house in an excellent location. We stayed here as a group for my friend's hen do and it was just perfect! Spacious and very clean it was just ideal for our weekend. The owners are on hand... Read full review