AboutSaltford is a vibrant community of more than 4000 people – a large village situated between Keynsham and Bath. Situated on the A4, alongside the River Avon, the main-line railway and the Bath-Bristol cycle-path, Saltford is a perfect hub for activities in the Avon Valley.
Saltford is known for its history; the conservation Area (“old village”) including St Mary’s Church (over 1,000 years old with a Saxon tower), a manor house believed to be the oldest continuously occupied private house in England and the restored Ancient Brass Mill (1720) which is a gem of industrial heritage. Saltford is surrounded by open countryside, with lanes and riverside walks in an area of outstanding beauty.
The Brass Mill was at the cutting edge of technological and economic development in its heyday and today Saltford is the home of many successful and growing businesses. There are 200 businesses in Saltford with many involving home-working. Saltford is known for its wealth of activities for all ages and interests. Community involvement is centred on the Saltford Community Association with its many affiliated organisations.
There is a thriving Saltford Environment Group and Saltford has been awarded Fairtrade Village Status. Saltford Golf Club has hosted the prestigious English Ladies Open Tournament. Saltford is a place where people enjoy living, working or visiting.
The biennial Saltford Festival showcases all that is best about Saltford. Visit Saltford and see for yourself.
These are some of the attractions at or close by Saltford:
• Historic Conservation Area ("Old village") including St Mary's Church (over 1,000 years old including Saxon tower) and the restored Ancient Brass Mill (1720)
• Access to the Bristol and Bath railway cycle-path (13 miles off-road between the cities open to walker and cyclists)
• Access to the River Avon (Saltford Marina, Avon County Rowing Club, canal boating)
• Avon Valley Country and Wildlife Park (Pixash Lane, Keynsham)
• Open countryside and riverside walks, an area of outstanding beauty
• Character pubs and restaurants either on or near the Bristol/Bath cycle path
• Other restaurants and retail shops on the main A4 Bath Road, Saltford
• Sports facilities - floodlight tennis courts, football and cricket at Saltford Playing Field
• Productions and other activities at Saltford Hall (Saltford Community Association)