This access statement does not contain personal opinions as to our suitability for those with access needs, but aims to accurately describe the facilities and services that we offer all our guests/visitors.
Access Statement for Bath Visitor Information Centre
If you're looking for ideas of what to see and do both in the city of Bath and the surrounding area we can help you with reliable and inspirational ideas.
The Visitor Information Centre (VIC) is situated next to Bath Abbey in Abbey Churchyard, in the city centre. The VIC is on one level throughout with good circulation space. We can provide general access information about local attractions, accommodation and restaurants. This information and some other publications are available in different formats. Details about accessible products and services in Bath can be found on our website.
We look forward to welcoming you. If you have any queries or require any assistance please phone 0906 711 2000 (50p/min) or email email@example.com.
• You can plan your journey to us by car or public transport using www.transportdirect.info; simply enter your postcode and BA1 1LY to get directions.
• The nearest railway station is Bath Spa which is 0.4 miles away (a 5 - 10 minute walk). Taxis are available at the station. If you require an accessible taxi you can book this in advance via a local taxi company such as:
Abbey Taxis: 01225 444444
V Cars: 01225 464646
• The nearest bus stop is on the High Street, behind the Abbey and is 500m/ 546yds from our entrance. All buses can accommodate one wheelchair. The No. 6 & 7 bus runs to/from the railway station, every 30 minutes.
• We can provide information on local services for disabled people such as Shopmobility and RADAR toilets.
• We have information about accessible accommodation, attractions, tours and places to eat out in the city and surrounding area.
• All of our access guides and some selected guides are available in a range of formats, including braille, large print, audio cd, download mp3.
Car Parking Facilities and Arrival
• There are no car parking facilities by the VIC. The nearest car park is Manvers Street (postcode BA1 1JL), which is less than a 5 minute walk away.
• There is an automatic swing door at the entrance which is: 900mm/35.5ins wide, no threshold, with a push button to open the door. The VIC is on the ground floor with level access.
Inside the Visitor Information Centre
• There is step free, level access throughout the VIC.
• There is a seat next to the main entrance.
• The floor surface is tiled.
• There is ample room within the VIC for a large wheelchair/ pushchair to maneuver and turn.
• The area is evenly and well lit with overhead lighting from halogen ceiling and spotlights.
• There is a promotional video of the city and surrounding area, usually playing without sound.
• There are some brochure/book/gift racks and low display units accessible from a seated position.
• There is a lowered section of the information and retail desk.
• Staff can provide assistance and read out any literature if required.
• Our staff receive regular training, including disability awareness training.
• We welcome trained assistance dogs.
• Clear signage is used throughout the VIC.
• Blue Badge guides provide tours of the city starting and finishing at the Roman Baths, a level walk from the VIC.
Address: Bath Visitor Information Centre, Abbey Chambers, Abbey, Churchyard, Bath, BA1 1LY.
Telephone: 0906 711 2000 (50p/min)
Grid Reference: Ordnance Survey Grid reference ST 75054 64781
Hours of Operation: We are open all year except 25th and 26th December and 1st January.
Opening times are: Mon – Sat: 09:30 to 17:30 Sun: 10:00 to 16:00
Local Equipment Hire: Shopmobility: 01225 481744
Local Accessible Taxi: Abbey Taxis: 01225 444444
Local Public Transport: First Bus: 0845 6020156 First Great Western Trains: 0845 7000125
Using this website
This Accessibility Statement provides an overview of the accessibility features we have implemented on this website.
If you have any questions regarding the accessibility of these sites, please contact us.
We have provided the following shortcut keys to aid navigation:
• Access Key 1 - Home Page
• Access Key 2 - Skip Directly to Main Contents
• Access Key 0 - Accessibility Statement
These sites use Cascading Style Sheets (CSS) so that you may customise the presentation to suit your preferences. The text size is relative, allowing you to adjust the size of the text in your browser.
Most pages on this site are WCAG 1.0 AA compliant, complying to the UK's Disability Discrimination Act.
All pages have appropriate relational links to provide additional navigation.