This calendar indicates availability at this property for the next 7 days. Please enter your criteria below and click the ‘Check Availability’ button to run a search for and book your requirements.
Availability and Prices
- = Confirmed Availability, properties offering instantly bookable, guaranteed availability
- = Unconfirmed Availability, properties offering availability that needs to be checked with the provider before a firm booking can be made. This can be carried out online.
- = Room Also Sold As
- = Room/Unit Available, but cannot be the first night
- = Room/Unit Not Available
- = Availability unknown please ring +44 (0)844 847 5256
- = Price Per room (breakfast included)
Just a 5 minute level stroll to the centre of Bath with all its attractions, Villa Magdala is a handsome Victorian townhouse, set within its own gardens with an off-street car-park. So close to the heart of the city, yet in a quiet road, opposite leafy Henrietta Park, so none of the usual late night city noise to disturb a blissful night's sleep.
20 stylishly refurbished bedrooms offer a 5 star rated boutique B and B experience, with heavenly Hypnos beds, all king or super-king size, with feather light goose down duvets and crisp cotton bed linen. Well-equipped bathrooms include fluffy bath sheets, and luxury toiletries.
Gourmet, Award winning breakfasts are served in a light, airy ground floor dining room, overlooking the park, all freshly cooked to order from a range of quality locally-sourced ingredients.
Marry all this with a team of friendly, quietly efficient staff, ready to recommend and book all kinds of entertainment for you - a truly charming and characterful place to stay.
Good – The smaller rooms in the house but still a good size – hence their name! All with en-suite bathrooms, small but perfectly formed with power showers.
Better – Larger rooms, all overlooking the garden at the rear so very quiet apart from the birdsong in the morning! All with bath and shower facilities in each en-suite bathroom.
Best – The largest rooms, mainly overlooking the park with super-king size beds! Some with both bath and shower facilities in each en-suite bathroom, but some with generous showers only. These rooms can be set up as twin rooms, if you prefer. And some can sleep three or four comfortably if you need a family room. The additional beds must be booked at the time of your reservation as only some rooms can accommodate this.
Our extra beds are only suitable for children aged 16 and under (not suitable for adults), they are charged at £45.00 per bed per night inclusive of full breakfast
Additional beds are only available in some rooms so you MUST book this in advance.
- In town/city centre
- Non smoking establishment
- Of historic, literary or architectural interest - Victorian mansion 1868. Home of Captain Forrester who with Sir Charles Napier won the battle of Magdala and named the house to commemorate it.
Children & Infants
- Accept children all ages
Parking & Transport
- Car parking
- Cater for vegetarians
- Serve breakfast - Full English and vegetarian.
- Maestro accepted
- MasterCard accepted
- Visa accepted
Room / Unit Features
- Colour television in all bedrooms
- Hairdryer in all bedrooms
- Radio in all bedrooms
- Tea & coffee making facilities in all bedrooms
- Telephone in all bedrooms
- 24 hr return laundry service
- Business facilities (eg. Fax/ modem) - Fax facilities.
- Central heating throughout
- Conference facilities
- Garden/patio for guests' use
- Ironing facilities
- Special provisions for cyclists - Cyclists may park in locked garages for safety.
- Special provisions for lone female travellers - Entrance door locked at all times. CCTV 24 hr in car park.
- Special provisions for walkers - We are close to canal walk and Bath Sky Line walk.
Public Transport Directions
From Bath Spa - 10 minutes walk
Take Manvers Street to Empire Building, turn right over Pulteney Bridge to Laura Place, turn 1st left (Henrietta Road) approximately 500 yds on left (12 minute walk in total).