COVID-19 – Information and Advice
The health and safety of residents, visitors and staff is of paramount importance to us all and we want to share ongoing information and advice related to COVID-19 (coronavirus).
- The latest information can be found on the UK government website.
- Check your plans before you travel, as some events and activities may have been postponed or cancelled.
- Guidance on prevention measures, which includes ensuring the washing of hands regularly, and covering your mouth/nose with tissues when coughing or sneezing, can be found at nhs.uk.
- For travellers already in the UK and who need medical advice, use the 111 online coronavirus service to get further information.
- You can find the latest coronavirus travel advice on the Travelwest website.
- As of 16th March, the UK government has advised against all unnecessary travel, and has asked the public to refrain from ‘non-essential contact’ for around 12 weeks. This means that many of Bath’s businesses are temporarily closing, and events are being postponed. We are continually updating details below.
- If you are in Bath, there are a number of food establishments who have switched their offer to takeaway options for customers. Please support these businesses where you can, and if you have questions, please check directly with the venue.
- As of 20th March, cafés, pubs, restaurants, nightclubs, theatres, cinemas, gyms and leisure centres have been asked to close.
- As of 23rd March, all non-essential retail stores have been asked to close.
- On 23rd March, people were asked to stay at home and:
- Only go outside for food, health reasons or essential work
- Stay two metres away from other people
- Wash your hands as soon as you get home
Cancellations, Closures and Postponements
Information is changing rapidly and so we are aiming to keep this list as up-to-date as we can. Please follow us on Twitter, where we will be sharing information.
Visitor Information Centre
In line with current government advice, the Bath Visitor Information Centre is now temporarily closed.
If you have any enquiries regarding packages purchased on our online shop, you can contact us on 01225 614420 or email@example.com.
For all enquiries concerning Bath Box Office events, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01225 463362 between 10am and 5pm, Monday to Saturday.
- Pub in the Park has been rescheduled to 18th to 20th September.
- The Royal Bath and West Show will now take place on 31st July, 1st and 2nd August.
- This year's Glastonbury Festival has been cancelled. Tickets for this year will roll over to next year.
- Bath Comedy Festival has been postponed until later this year. The team are working to move the festival's 170 events, provisionally, to September 2020.
- Bath Festivals' Beethoven weekend in March and The Bath Festival and The Bath Festival Finale Weekend in May will not be taking place on their scheduled dates. Individual events will either be rescheduled or cancelled.
- This year's Bath Carnival has been cancelled.
Fitness, Beauty, Spa and Wellness
As of 21st March, all gyms and leisure centres are now closed.
Food and Drink
Many businesses are offering takeaway services. Click here for a list of restaurants and retailers offering takeaway and/or delivery food services.
Museums and Attractions
As of 21st March, all museums and attractions are now closed.
Nightclubs and Bars
As of 21st March, all nightclubs and bars are now closed.
As of 23rd March, all non-essential retail stores are now closed. Click here for details of essential businesses open in the BA1 area.
As of 21st March, no sporting events are currently taking place.
Theatres, Cinemas and Entertainment Venues
As of 21st March, all theatres, cinemas and entertainment venues are now closed. You can find comprehensive details about theatre and entertainment venue cancellations and postponements on the Theatre Bath website.
As of 21st March, no tours in Bath are currently running.
Universities and Colleges
- University of Bath have ceased face-to-face teaching for undergraduates and those taking taught graduate courses until after the Easter break. Campus is not closed and student accommodation will remain open.
- Bath Spa University have moved to online provision until the end of this academic year.
- Bath College campuses are closed for face-to-face teaching until further notice.