Opened to celebrate the Diamond Jubilee of Queen Victoria of 1897, this parkland was donated by Captain Forester (formerly of the Third Kings Own Hussars) life tenant of the Bathwick Estate, with the stipulation that it should always remain a green space and never be built on.
It is a seven-acre park, situated within walking distance of the city centre, sitting between Henrietta Road and Great Pulteney Street.
Henrietta Park contains many fine trees, a pergola covered with roses, extensive shrubberies and beautiful flower beds, along with a Sensory Garden which is planted with many sweetly scented flowers and shrubs.
A small area of the park was laid out as a memorial garden to George V in 1937. You can still read the plaque by the gate: “The Garden of Remembrance dedicated in honour of King George the fifth by the city of Bath 1936”.
This area was re-designed in the 1950s, and The Garden for the Blind is now a truly tranquil oasis, minutes away from the bustle of city life.
There is no charge for admission and Henrietta Park is open throughout the year, but the Memorial Garden of Remembrance is locked between dusk and dawn.
Book Tickets Online
- Facilities for Disabled Visitors
- Picnic Site
- Dog Friendly
- Dogs Accepted
Parking & Transport
- On Bus Route
|Open: (1 Jan 2022 - 31 Dec 2022)|