Constructed in around 70AD as a grand bathing and socialising complex, the Roman Baths is one of the best-preserved Roman remains in the world, where 1,170,000 litres of steaming spring water, reaching 46°C, still fills the bathing site every single day.
The Roman Baths is the site of extensive ruins and an interactive museum filled with many treasures and visual snippets that transport you back to Roman times and the lives of the Aquae Sulis people. Walk on ancient pavements as the Romans did 2,000 years ago, and explore chambers historically housing changing rooms and tepid plunge pools.
Be sure to pick up an audioguide and listen to fascinating commentary as you slowly make your way around the site, available in 12 languages and with special guides for children.
All tickets must be booked in advance on the Roman Baths website.
The Roman Baths is 90% accessible to wheelchair users. Disabled visitors pay a normal price for admission, with complimentary tickets for accompanying carers. To book a free carer ticket, contact the Roman Baths' Customer Service team on +44 (0)1225 477785.
Visitors with hearing or visual impairments can enjoy the site using the British Sign Language or fully descriptive audio guide and tactile models. The museum also has Braille information panels. Some areas along the route around the museum have a lower level of lighting which helps to enhance the archaeological displays.
Visitors with autism can download helpful documents on the Roman Baths website, including a visual story to help plan their visit and see what they will experience throughout the site. Those having difficulty coping with anything in the museum can speak to a member of staff, who will be able to help them and their family find a quieter space in the museum.
The Roman Baths is a member of the Bath and North East Somerset Dementia Action Alliance group and is working towards becoming a dementia friendly site.
For more information on accessibility at The Roman Baths, watch the venue's video guide here.
Book Tickets Online
|Ticket Type||Ticket Tariff|
|Adult Saver Ticket to Roman Baths, Fashion Museum & Victoria Art Gallery||£22.50 per ticket|
|Adult Single||£16.50 per ticket|
|Adult Single (16 June – 31 August)||£17.50 per ticket|
|Child (age 6 - 16)||£10.25 per ticket|
|Child Saver Ticket to Roman Baths, Fashion Museum & Victoria Art Gallery||£12.25 per ticket|
|Family (2 Adults + up to 4 Children)||£48.00 per ticket|
|Family Saver Ticket to Roman Baths, Fashion Museum & Victoria Art Gallery||£58.00 per ticket|
|Seniors & FT Students||£14.50 per ticket|
|Seniors & FT Students Saver Ticket to Roman Baths, Fashion Museum & Victoria Art Gallery||£19.50 per ticket|
Admission Charges include the use of a hand held audioguide. Audioguides are available in English, French, German, Spanish, Italian, Russian, Japanese and Mandarin, with the four newest additions being Dutch, Korean, Polish and Portuguese. British Sign Language handset available. If you are a hearing aid user, you can benefit from the 'T' switch attachment on the audio guide. We can also provide a printed copy of the audio tour text.
Saver Tickets are valid for 14 days.
Group rates are available for groups of 20+
- Accessible to Wheelchair Users - The site is 90% accessible to wheelchair users.
- Disability awareness training for all personnel - Some staff also have BSL training.
- Facilities for Disabled Visitors
- Facilities for Hearing Impaired Visitors - The fire alarm has flashing lights, and there is a hearing loop in ticket desks, the gift shop, and main meeting rooms.
- Facilities for Visually Impaired Visitors - Some parts of the venue have low lighting. The museum has display information in audio, braille, BSL and large print.
- Level access, ramp or lift to a public toilet
- Ramp/Level Access - Level access to Abbey Church Yard, Reception & Ticket Sales Desk, accessible toilets in the main entrance and museum, the Pump Room Restaurant, The Roman Baths Shop (accessible from Stall Street) and Lower Museum Shop.
- On-Site café/restaurant
- Audio Commentary in Foreign Languages
- Event Venue
- Printed Material in Foreign Languages
Tours and Demonstrations
- Educational Visits Accepted
- Guided Tours Available for Groups
- Guided Tours Available for Individuals
- Groups Accepted
- Regional and Miscellaneous WTTC Safe Travels 2021
|2023 (1 Nov 2023 - 31 Dec 2023)|
|Monday - Sunday||09:30||- 17:00*|
|2024 (1 Jan 2024 - 28 Feb 2024)|
|Monday - Sunday||09:30||- 18:00*|
|2024 (1 Mar 2024 - 15 June 2024)|
|Monday - Sunday||09:00||- 18:00*|
|2024 (16 June 2024 - 21 June 2024)|
|2024 (22 June 2024 - 31 Oct 2024)|
|Monday - Sunday||09:00||- 18:00*|
* Closed Dec 25th and Dec 26th. Note final exit times are one hour after last entry.Dates and times marked with a '*' are provisional and may be subject to change