There is nowhere else quite like Bath Abbey. Magnificent stained-glass windows, columns of honey-gold stone and some of the finest fan vaulting in the world, create an extraordinary experience of light and space. But there is more to it than that. There has been a place of Christian worship on this site for over 1,200 years and the Abbey remains a living church with services taking place throughout the entire week. Come and experience the special atmosphere and rich history of this holy and uplifting place.
The first sight most visitors have of Bath Abbey is the West front’s unique ladders of Angels, which was inspired by Bishop of Bath, Oliver King’s dream of ascending and descending angels.
Book Tickets Online
Entry by donation, suggested £4 per adult, £2 per child/student, £10 per family.
The Abbey welcomes all visitors and invites a donation in lieu of an admission fee. We rely on the generosity of our visitors and our congregation to fund the ministry, mission and maintenance of the church.
- Gift Shop
- All Areas Accessible to Disabled Visitors - (except Tower)
- Facilities for Disabled Visitors
- Facilities for Hearing Impaired Visitors
- Guide Dogs Permitted
- Toilets for Disabled Visitors
- Event Venue
- Open All Year
- Printed Material in Foreign Languages
- Wedding Venue
- Approx length of visit - 30 minutes - 1 hour
- In town/city centre
- Indoor Attraction
- Max group size - 100
- Min group size - 10
- No Smoking Attraction
- Of historic, literary or architectural interest
Parking & Transport
- Coach Parking
- On Bus Route
- Booking essential - for groups of 10 or more
- Euros accepted
- TIC Staff Admitted Free
Printed Material in Foreign Languages
- Dutch printed material
- French printed material
- German printed material
- Italian printed material
- Japanese printed material
- Spanish printed material
- Marketed towards families
Tours and Demonstrations
- Educational Visits Accepted
- Guided Tours Available for Groups
- Guided Tours Available for Individuals
- Groups Accepted
- Visit Britain We're Good to Go 2021
|Opening (1 Apr 2022 - 31 Dec 2022)|
|Tuesday - Friday||09:00||- 17:30*|
* On Sundays the Abbey is open 13:00 to 14:30 & 16:30 to 18:00.
Opening times vary during the year. As a working church, it is sometimes necessary to restrict access to parts of the building or to close at short notice. To ensure that you have up-to-date information we recommend checking opening times before visiting.