Apparently today, as well as being a Monday, is also International Day of Happiness. Coincidentally, this falls on the first day of spring, so things are really starting to look up!
To celebrate International Day of Happiness, the marketing team at Visit Bath have shared their top 17 happy moments and things to do in the city.
How many of these have you already experienced, and is there anything we’ve missed off?
Gemma is the Digital Marketing Manager and has lived and worked in Bath for over 4 years. She gets to spend her time taking beautiful pictures for Visit Bath’s Instagram account and her favourite things to do include…
1. “Learning the art of floristry during a hands on workshop with Flowers by Passion”
2. “Sitting outside Vino Vino with a (large) glass of wine catching up with good friends in the late afternoon sunshine”
3. “Spending the day at Demuths Cookery School experimenting with new and unknown ingredients”
Caroline is the Head of Marketing and loves Bath so much that ever since studying at the University of Bath she vowed she would always return to live in the City. You’ll find Caroline at her happiest when she’s…
5. “Watching the steam rising from the Roman Baths as I sit at my desk – best view in town!”
6. “Joining the Circo mixology team for a personalised cocktail making class”
7. “Taking time out to relax as a team in the Thermae Bath Spa rooftop pool or Cross Bath”
Niamh is the Campaigns Manager and is originally from Ireland. Niamh has fallen in love with the South West and spends her time between Bath and Bristol. Niamh loves…
8. “Seeing the Bath stone glowing a glorious gold in the morning sunshine as I arrive on the train”
9. “Observing visitors enjoying the sunshine and music from the great buskers in Abbey Churchyard”
10. “Getting great feedback from visitors on our social media channels”
11. “Enjoying tea and chats with my wonderful colleagues ”
Emma is the PR Manager, and is most at home when browsing Bath’s quirky and wonderful independent shops and boutiques. Emma is happy when she’s…
12. “Attending a mosaic class with local artist Emma Leith at contemporary interiors shop Graham & Green”
13. “Exploring new exhibition 1920’s Jazz Age: Fashion and Photographs at the American Museum and enjoying the views across limply stoke valley from the terrace”
14. “A history tour around Jollys, the oldest department store in Europe – taking in the Georgian and Art Deco features”
Claire is the PR Assistant and as an original Mancunian, she is still adjusting to life down South. She can’t get enough of a good board game in one of her favourite locals. Claire loves…
15. “Sipping on a pint of Gem at The Hop Pole or a refreshing Edison at Electric Bear Brewing Co.”
16. “Enjoying some fine food and intellectual debate (and a little gossip!) at my book club which takes place every six weeks in a different Bath restaurant”
17. “Browsing the shelves at Topping & Company Booksellers"
Whatever your plans are for the rest of today, we hope it's something that makes you happy!