Garry Rosser, chef and owner of The Scallop Shell has worked hard with his talented team to ensure that the restaurant has become well known for serving up the very best in traditional favourites, such as lightly battered, flaky cod and haddock, served with chips cut daily from seasonal spuds.
Flying the flag for a fresh sustainable catch from UK waters, the menu changes daily depending on the coastal landings, with fish and shellfish displayed for customers to see in a unique roll-top bath full of ice. The likes of prawns, scallops, mussels and oysters are almost always on the menu, with crab, lobster, sea bass, sole, plaice, skate, hake and monkfish also making regular appearances.
Spread across two floors, with an indoor/outdoor space, The Upper Deck, The Scallop Shell is decked out with nautical touches, to give it that relaxed, seaside feel.
|Open: (1 Jan 2022 - 31 Dec 2022)|
|Monday - Saturday||12:00||- 21:30*|
* Lunch Openings
Tuesday to Saturday: 12:00 - 14:30
Sunday: 12:00 15:00
Monday to Saturday: 16:30 - 21:30
- Cater for vegetarians
- Locally sourced produce
- Serve evening meal
- Serve lunch
- Special dietary requirements catered for - Gluten free batter available - please ask your server.
Children & Infants
- Accept children (Minimum age)
- Children's menu
- Groups accepted
- Number of covers - 40
- In town/city centre
Parking & Transport
- Off site parking - Nearest long stay car park is Charlotte Street. Nearest short stay car park is Kingsmead Square.
- MasterCard accepted
- Visa accepted
Travel & Trade
- Wi-fi available
- AA Awards South West Tourism Excellence Awards 2017/18 - Highly Commended 2018
- Regional and Miscellaneous TripAdvisor 2018 Certificate of Excellence 2018
- TripAdvisor Awards Travellers' Choice - TripAdvisor 2021
- AA Awards AA Rosette Award for Culinary Excellence 2021 2021
- Regional and Miscellaneous Bristol, Bath, & Somerset Tourism Awards 2021/22 - Gold 2021
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating1627 reviews