Westonbirt, The National Arboretum, managed by Forestry England, is one of the finest collections of temperate trees and shrubs in the world.
The 600 acre arboretum is home to 3,000 different species of trees and around 15,000 individual specimens. A place of environmental and historical importance, its Victorian creator Robert Holford was fascinated by rare and beautiful plants and helped finance expeditions to collect specimens from around the world.
Westonbirt Arboretum is known internationally for its spectacular autumn colour display, but offers an unforgettable day out all year round, from magnificent flowering trees in spring, to sculptural and bright-stemmed specimens in winter.
Adult from £9
Child from £3
Concessions from £6
For seasonal admission prices see the website.
Groups are accepted - please contact the venue directly to enquire.
While most areas of the Westonbirt site are accessible to wheelchair users, some woodland paths are not suitable. There is level access throughout the site, and assistance dogs are permitted. Designated parking areas are available for disabled visitors. Accessible toilets are also available.
Activities throughout the year
- Events, workshops and family activities run throughout the year. Signature events include the spectacular Enchanted Christmas illuminated trail in November and December.
- There are 17 miles of paths throughout the arboretum and dozens of leafy glades with levels of accessibility to suit a range of visitors.
- There are mobility scooters and manual wheelchairs available to borrow (it is advisable to book these in advance), special group rates on request and retail and refreshment opportunities onsite.
- Westonbirt has a huge area, Silk Wood, for you and your dog to explore. Dogs are not permitted in any other part of the site.
- Tree Top Walkway
- Way marked trails
Book Tickets Online
- Gift Shop
- Accessible to Wheelchair Users
- All Areas Accessible to Disabled Visitors
- Facilities for Disabled Visitors
- Guide Dogs Permitted
- Parking Areas for Disabled Visitors
- Ramp/Level Access
- Toilets for Disabled Visitors
- Childrens Play Area
- Plant Sales
- On-Site café/restaurant
- Picnic Site
Children & Infants
- Facilities for children
- Conference facilities
- Event venue
- Tea / Coffee Shop
- Approx length of visit - 2.5 hours
- Forest Location
- In countryside
- Outdoor Attraction
Parking & Transport
- Car parking
- Coach Parking
- On Bus Route
- Special group rates
- Family Fun
- Marketed towards families
- Marketed towards senior citizens
- Marketed towards student/youth - Westonbirt welcomes group visits from education providers.
Tours and Demonstrations
- Educational Visits Accepted
- Guided Tours Available for Groups
- Groups Accepted - Please enquire for further details
|Open (1 Jan 2024 - 31 Dec 2024)
* Westonbirt is open every day, Monday - Sunday, 9am-5pm, except Christmas Day. Last admission is at 4.30pm, 30 minutes before the Arboretum closes.
To visit Westonbirt Arboretum it is essential to pre-book for certain dates - see the website for details.