Green Park Brasserie’s General Manager, Alex Pitts, walks us through three of his favourite festive cocktails that are easy to make at home this month. Head to the Brasserie when in Bath for two-for-one cocktails, seven days a week!
What You’ll Need…
- 50ml Gosling’s Black Seal Bermuda Black Rum
- 1 brown sugar cube
- 3 or 4 dashes of Angostura bitters
- 3 dessert spoons of apple juice
- Orange peel for garnish
The Treacle is a rum Old Fashioned, credited to the late and great Dick Bradsell, creator of the Bramble and the Espresso Martini. I use Gosling’s Rum, having spent years enjoying it in beautiful Bermuda.
- Soak your sugar cube in bitters at the bottom of a whisky tumbler and bash with a muddler or the end of a rolling pin.
- Add the rum and fill the glass with big ice cubes.
- Stir for a good minute (I use a fondue fork at home) and float the spoons of apple juice on the top.
- Garnish with the orange twist and enjoy.
Almond Milk White Russian
What You'll Need…
- 50ml Russian Vodka
- 50ml almond milk
- 25ml Kahlua (Tia Maria is fine if you’re struggling to find Kahlua, which has been a little elusive in recent months!)
This is a creamy cocktail perfect if you're vegan, but enjoyed by everyone.
- Put everything in your cocktail shaker with a good handful of ice.
- Shake until the outside of the shaker is very frosty and strain the contents into a tumbler of fresh ice.
- Garnish with three coffee beans to ensure health, happiness and prosperity in 2021 and serve with a straw to avoid milk moustaches!
A Festive G&T
What You'll Need…
- 50ml Scout & Sage London Dry Gin
- Double Dutch Cranberry and Ginger Tonic
- Slices of orange and root ginger to garnish
I love Scout & Sage Gin, made in tiny batches with love by the incredible Holly Bower in Semington, just the other side of Bradford-on-Avon. Holly trades at Green Park Farmers’ Market every fortnight and never lets us run out of her delicious gins.
- Put a Christmassy measure of Scout & Sage London Dry into your favourite gin glass.
- Top with Cranberry and Ginger Tonic.
- Garnish with a big slice of orange, some slices of root ginger and maybe a few fresh cranberries if you have them.