Summer is fast approaching and the days are getting longer. Spend a balmy summer day exploring Bath’s history and heritage, enjoy an ice cream in the parks and gardens, visit the Roman Baths by flickering torchlight and dine alfresco soaking up the evening sun. We’ve put together eight top tips to help you make the most of Bath this summer…
1. Explore the Roman Baths by flickering torchlight as they extend their opening times until 10pm for the summer evenings.
2. Experience day turning to dusk as you bathe in the natural thermal waters at Thermae Bath Spa with a Twilight spa session.
3. Sip on refreshing cocktails and a selection of wines as you dine alfresco at Vino Vino. This sophisticated bar also serves up delicious platters of cheese and charcuterie, perfect for sharing.
4. Soak up Bath’s festival fever with your pick of many big festivals, exhibitions and events taking place across the city and surrounding area. Enjoy gourmet grub from top chefs and music at Pub in the Park, dance to the beating drums at Bath Carnival, head for the handle bars or cheer on the riders at Bike Bath and walk in the footsteps of Jane Austen at the festival dedicated to her.
5. Get a taste for authentic Italian ice cream at Swoon. Their delicious gelatos are made using traditional methods that result in the most creamy and indulgent treats to die for.
6. Take a relaxing punt along the River Avon to get a different perspective of the city, stopping off for a bite to eat along the way. Alternatively, you could charter the beautiful Victorian river launch, The Lady Lena or board a luxury cruiser, where you’ll start from Pulteney Bridge before embarking on an hour’s long scenic journey along the river.
8. Wander through the sweet-smelling Botanical Gardens in Royal Victoria Park. The gardens were formed in 1887 and include a variety of trees, shrubs, a Roman temple, pond and wildlife.