University of Bath
Set in 200 acres of landscaped grounds, the University of Bath was established on Claverton Down in 1966. This well-ranked university offers courses in engineering, humanities, management, science and social science.
In the last decade, the university has invested over £450 million into the campus, including new accommodation, academic buildings and sports facilities to support both recreational and professional sporting development. University of Bath-based athletes won six medals in the Rio 2016 Olympics.
Throughout the summer months, the University transforms its student halls into guest accommodation, creating a budget accommodation option for visitors to Bath from June to September. Guest accommodaiton includes free parking, a buffet breakfast and a secure campus setting.
The University of Bath has been:
- Awarded Gold status in the government’s Teaching Excellence Framework
- Ranked 4th overall out of 122 in the THE Student Experience Survey 2018
- Ranked 6th best university in the UK by the Guardian University Guide 2020
- Ranked 4th for employment after six months in the Guardian University Guide 2020
- Ranked 5th for graduate prospects by The Times and The Sunday Times Good University Guide 2020
- Achieved 87.26% for overall student satisfaction in the National Student Survey 2019