This delightful 33-bedroom hotel with an award-winning restaurant has the feel of a country house hotel in the city. Built in 1835, The Bath Priory Hotel offers a fine example of gothic architecture of the period. Set in four acres of award-winning gardens, the hotel grows many of its own herbs and vegetables. It has an outdoor pool in the gardens and an indoor pool in the Garden Spa by L'Occitane, where guests can use the sauna and steam room on a complimentary basis.
All room prices are inclusive of bed and breakfast, use of the Garden Spa by L'Occitane facilities, on-site parking and a morning newspaper. All rooms have en-suite bathrooms, and boast luxuriously soft dressing gowns and slippers, along with bespoke designer toiletries.
At the heart of the hotel is the celebrated restaurant, with magnificent views across the hotel's award-winning gardens. The menu offers a memorable culinary journey with a focus on fresh, local produce, flavour and balance to create exciting, modern French dishes, epitomising the best seasonal dining. Complemented by an exemplary wine cellar and exceptional insight from the Head Sommelier, every detail of your dining experience is perfectly paired. There is also The Pantry & Terrace which provides a vibrant and informal menu serving breakfast, brunch, lunch, and supper, packed with seasonal, light and exciting dishes.
The fabulous spa has a selection of luxurious treatments, an indoor pool, poolside sauna, elliptical steam pod and shower. From the moment you enter, The Garden Spa by L'Occitane (the only L'Occitane Spa in the UK), fragrances transport you to Provence; the escape begins with scent. Every gesture, every ingredient, every ritual is drawn from a page of the L'Occitane grand herbarium, a resource of hundreds of essential oils and natural ingredients.
- Accept coach parties
- Garden/patio for guests' use
- Separate guests' lounge
- Country house
- In town/city centre
- Of historic, literary or architectural interest - Built in 1835 as a private residence - one of the best examples of Georgian architecture in the city of Bath. Converted into a hotel in the 1969 with a sympathetically designed extension.
- Access to golf course - Arrangements with local golf clubs for resident use.
- Arrangements for riding/pony trekking
- Cycle hire
- Swimming pool
Parking & Transport
- Car parking - Car park up to 35 cars on the premises.
Room / Unit Features
- Four poster beds available - 2 Rooms
- Ground Floor Bedrooms Available
- Hairdryer in all bedrooms
- Tea & coffee making facilities in all bedrooms - On request
- Telephone in all bedrooms
- 5 AA Stars Hotel
- 5 Visit England Stars Hotel
- AA Awards AA 3 Rosettes Culinary Excellence Award 2015 2016
- AA Awards AA COVID Confident Scheme 2020
|Open New Year|
|2022 Opening (1 Jan 2022 - 31 Dec 2022)|