No.1 Royal Crescent will be closed for two weeks from 15th November 2021, reopening on 27th November until 24th December. It will then be closed from 25th December to 31st January 2022.
One of Bath’s most famous and instantly recognisable locations – if not its most prestigious address – when it reopens, No.1 Royal Crescent will feature a remarkable new immersive experience, which will allow you to see life as it was lived in Georgian Bath during the late 1700s.
Look beyond the Crescent's famous Palladian façade and see what life was like for the wealthy and their servants in eighteenth-century Bath.
Built between 1767 and 1774, the Royal Crescent is justly considered one of the finest achievements of eighteenth-century urban architecture. No.1 was the first house to be built in the Crescent, and originally provided luxury accommodation for aristocratic visitors who came to take the waters and enjoy the social season.
Each room is an exquisite example of Georgian interior design with authentic furniture, paintings, textiles and carpets. The Dining Room is set for dessert, whilst the elegant Withdrawing Room is ready for fashionable visitors to take tea. The Gentleman’s Retreat reveals the interests of No.1’s first resident, Mr. Henry Sandford, including travel and discoveries, electricity and agriculture as well as local gossip and news.
Below stairs are the original kitchen and scullery, coal-holes and servant’s corridors, the Housekeeper’s Room and Servants' Hall. Guides in every room bring the house to life with stories of the past.
Book Tickets Online
|Ticket Type||Ticket Tariff|
|Adult||£10.00 per ticket|
|Child (6-16)||£4.00 per ticket|
|Family (2+4)||£22.00 per ticket|
|Groups (min 15)||£7.00 per ticket|
|Seniors (65+)||£7.00 per ticket|
|Students||£7.00 per ticket|
Last admission is at 4.30.
Discovery card holders get 50% off admission to No.1
Free access during Heritage Open Week
Joint Ticket discounts for No.1 Royal Crescent and Museum of Bath Architecture.
Seniors (65+) £9.50
Family (2+4) £28.00
Child (6-16) £5.00
Joint ticket includes £1 off at Beckford's Tower and Museum and £1 off at the Herschel Museum of Astronomy.
- Facilities for Hearing Impaired Visitors
- Facilities for Visually Impaired Visitors
- Guide Dogs Permitted
- Printed Material in Foreign Languages
- In town/city centre
- Indoor Attraction
- Of historic, literary or architectural interest
- Open by appointment outside normal opening times
Tours and Demonstrations
- Guided Tours Available for Groups
Travel & Trade
- Group discounts available
- Visit England Quality Assured Visitor Attraction 2019
- TripAdvisor Awards TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence 2018
- Regional and Miscellaneous Bristol, Bath and Somerset Tourism Awards 2017/18 - Gold 2017
- Regional and Miscellaneous Bristol Bath and Somerset Tourism Awards 17/18 2018
- TripAdvisor Awards TripAdvisor - Certificate of Excellence - 2019 2019
|2022 (1 Feb 2021 - 31 Dec 2022)|
* No.1 Royal Crescent will be closed for two weeks from 15th November 2021, reopening on 27th November until 24th December. It will then be closed from 25th December to 31st January 2022.