10 ways to immerse yourself in the world of Jane Austen during your visit to Bath…
1. Visit the Jane Austen Centre for a snapshot of life during Regency times and explore how living in Bath affected Jane’s life and writing
2. Download our free audio tour taking you around the highlights of the city with extracts from Jane Austen's novels and letters
3. Stay in the same house where Jane and her family once lived, the 18th century Georgian apartment at Number 4 Sydney Place
4. Take part in the annual Jane Austen Festival – you might even find your very own Mr Darcy at the Netherfield Ball!
5. Stroll along Gravel Walk, which was known as something of a Lover's Lane in Jane Austen's day and the setting for a touching love scene in Persuasion. Part way along, tucked discreetly behind number 4 The Circus, lies a Georgian Garden, recreated to how it would have appeared in Jane Austen’s time.
6. Take the waters – a popular activity in Regency times, used by Jane’s brother Edward to help cure his suspected gout
7. Visit the Austen hotspots - parts of the city that Jane frequented that inspired scenes from her novels
8. Take a trip to Meryton - the 1995 BBC television adaptation of Pride & Prejudice, starring Colin Firth as Mr Darcy, used picturesque Lacock as the setting for the village of Meryton. Mad Max Tours runs regular full and half day trips from Bath out to Lacock, via Stonehenge.
9. See where Jane Austen adaptations have been filmed
10. Enjoy afternoon tea Austen style in the Pump Rooms
You can find more information about a Jane Austen inspired visit to Bath here....